- Written by David Hall
To organise and maintain the existence of the gaming club.
1. Ensure that the Club opens each week and that at least one Club Official is present.
2. Ensure that the Club is run according to the Club Rules.
3. Ensure that a safe, friendly atmosphere prevails at Club Nights.
4. Ensure that the Club is a welcoming environment and that new members are met and their needs catered for.
5. Keep a record of member decisions and of meetings such as the AGM.
6. To organise and keep records of club announcements at raffle time each week.
7.Update and organise the Club Members notice-board on a regular basis.
CLUB CARETAKER Role Description; To be assumed by Secretary, Treasurer, and Membership Secretary.
To ensure that the Club equipment and stock is properly purchased, stored, maintained, repaired, replaced and disposed of. To ensure appropriate security of Club equipment, stock and premises.
1. Ensures that Club equipment is properly packed and stored.
2. Ensures that the Club is set up safely and appropriately.
3. Checks Club equipment for wear and tear, ensuring that it is suitable for use.
4. Ensures that Club equipment and the Club hall are secure at the end of each meeting.
5. In conjunction with the Club Secretary organises repair and replacement of Club stock and equipment, by teams of members or by specialists as necessary.
6. Purchases Club equipment and snack bar stock, according to Club rules and in consultation with the Club Treasurer.
7. Purchases Club consumables such as printer paper and ink cartridges.
8. Ensures that the Club hall is left in a clean and tidy state after all meetings.
Any item may be delegated to another Club Official if necessary.
CLUB SECRETARY Role Description
To ensure the smooth running of the Club by providing overall organisation and ensuring that the Club Rules are applied.
1. Liaises with the hall manager and ensures good relations are maintained.
2. Assumes overall responsibility for organising internal Club Events (campaigns, leagues, tournaments, open days etc).
3. Liaises with Club Officials about representation at external events (Games day, leagues, tournaments etc), also about the running of games in Games Workshop.
4. To organise the Membership Schemes with the Membership Secretary including assessment of armies & photographing of completed armies for the website.
5. Sets agenda of Club Meetings such as the AGM.
6. In conjunction with the Officials, organises the replacement & repair of Club Gaming Boards, Terrain & Equipment by teams of members or by specialists if necessary.
7. Liaises with Newsletter Editor to ensure newsletters contain all relevant information to members.
8. In liaison with the club treasurer reconcile bank statements and investigate discrepancies. Reporting to members.
The Club Secretary’s responsibilities cannot be delegated except to another Club Official in the event that the Club Secretary cannot attend a meeting. Although Club/shop games can be delegated to any senior member.
CLUB TREASURER Role Description
To ensure that Club funds and assets are appropriately managed.
1. To ensure that Club funds are used according to Club Rules, and always in the best interests of the members.
2. By managing Club funds, ensure that finances are available as a first priority to meet essential expenditure (for example hall rent, and PLI).
3. To keep accurate records of all collection, use and disposal of Club funds and assets to a standard deemed acceptable to an independent auditor.
4. To ensure that Club Accounts are subjected to an annual audit and report from a suitable qualified independent advisor.
5. To ensure that appropriate security arrangements and practices are in place.
6. To reconcile bank statements and investigate any discrepancies, reporting to the members in liaison with the Club Recorder.
7. To assess the Club’s financial health and make a report to the members at the AGM.
8. To cash up at the end of meetings and events, ensuring records are updated and cash prepared for banking.
9. To take cash to the bank and deposit it in the Club Bank Account.
10. Liaise with the hall manager when booking & paying for events
11. In conjunction with the Membership Secretary organise membership events such as Members Raffles & special events e.g. Christmas party
Item 8. And 9. May be delegated if necessary to another Club Official or Senior Member (but not to any other member). Other responsibilities cannot be delegated.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY Role Description
To ensure that the Club meets the needs of the members and acts as a champion on membership issues. To ensure that all membership records are kept updated so that club and member needs can be met more easily.
1. To issue membership cards and badges.
2. To assist with the Membership Schemes including production of certificates and issuing of badges.
3. To check that entry fees have been paid and organise the weekly raffle.
4. To organise membership events such as member raffles and special meetings e.g. Christmas party.
5. To devise and implement membership drives, mail shots, advertisements and recruiting events in liaison with the Club Secretary.
6. To organise the planning and purchase of membership related items such as badges, clothing and to purchase consumables such as raffle tickets and membership stickers.
7. To arrange outside Club Events such as paint balling and trips to the cinema.
8. To ensure that accurate records of club attendance and membership are maintained in order to assess membership status. (Including that of Gold Members).
9. To update members’ emergency contact details and weed out details of members that no longer attend.
10. Liaise with club officials about club and member needs.
Items may be delegated to the other Club officials as appropriate.